Annual Church Picnic
Please join us today at 12:30 pm for an all-church meal to celebrate the start of summer, sponsored by our high school Nassau and Portland teams! Students will coordinate the meal, and they would love to tell you more about our church partnerships in Nassau, Bahamas and Portland, Maine. FCCH will provide the burgers, hot dogs, and lemonade; students and their families will provide salad and dessert. Admission is free. If you feel led to give to these youth mission trips, checks may be made out to FCCH with Portland/Nassau in the memo line.
Summer Worship June 17- September 2
The Summer worship schedule begins next Sunday, June 17. There will be one combined service at 9:30 am held in Heritage Hall. The Crawler and Toddler nurseries will be open for children 0-36 months and Little People’s Church for children age 3 years through those entering first grade. God’s House will not meet in the summer.
Stewardship Campus Tour Next Sunday
June 17 at 10:45 am, the Building and Grounds Committee invites you to join them for a tour of our campus. Meet on the porch at the WC House to walk together to view and understand the many maintenance needs that exist such as landscaping, painting, and carpentry items.
Women’s Summer Something
Join us Tuesday evenings, June 19-July 24 (no meeting July 3), from 7:00-8:30 pm in the chapel. Pam Heintz will be sharing how women can give their all to God and find Him faithful in a series called, Lay It All Down. We will discuss the richness found in giving. We will be looking closely at women in the Bible and their patterns of giving and obedience. Pick up invitations in the Fellowship Foyer and Ministry Center to invite your friends.
We are delighted to have Fred and Carol Schaeffer staying in the Missions House this summer! Fred and Carol are the founders of Aboriginal Christian Training Services (A.C.T.S.) in Australia. They arrived at FCCH earlier this week and are looking forward to connecting with us over the next few months. During their stay, Fred and Carol will be visiting several nearby churches who support their ministry, and they are eager to share about the amazing work God is doing in the lives of the Outback children and their families. We encourage you to invite them to share a meal or cup of coffee. Also, when parking around the Missions House on Sunday mornings, please be sure to leave the space in front of the garage open, as well as a clear path for their vehicle.
A Call for Tuesday Lunchtime Prayer! The Search Committee is asking that the congregation set aside five minutes every Tuesday at lunchtime to pray for the Senior Pastor search process.
Please pray for the Pastoral Search Committee as they begin the formal candidate search process. Pray also for those who will apply as they engage in a rigorous process of discernment about their own future.
Work With FCCH Children!
The Elders are accepting resumes for the staff position of Children’s Ministry Elementary Director. This 30 hour per week position oversees and directs Children’s Ministries for Grades 1-5. Experience or training in elementary education preferred. Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to Sharon Carlson, Elder Board Chair, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Promise Online Signups and Training
Sign up at fcchamilton.org for dates to bring a meal, host, or serve an overnight. Our weeks of service are June 24-July 7, and July 29-August 11. You do not have to be trained to bring a meal but for all other volunteer opportunities training is required. A training will be held Wednesday, June 13 from 7:30-8:30 pm in the FCCH Chapel. Thank you for helping this important ministry to homeless families on the North Shore.
Shelly Moran, email@example.com
Save the Date! VBS Volunteer Orientation June 14
Calling all VBS volunteers on Thursday, June 14 from 7:00-9:00 pm for VBS Orientation in the Café. Come and hear previews from various leaders and receive your folder with curriculum, schedule and resources. All volunteers will be asked to complete CORI and Safe Church Policy forms and have a photo taken. If you haven’t yet signed up to serve, you are invited to this meeting to serve at “Esther and the Hidden Truth.”
Kathy Lindsay, Elementary Children’s Director
Baptism and Profession of Faith Service
We invite those in our church family to consider making a profession of faith this summer through a special service at 3:00 pm on Sunday, August 13 at Gull Pond. Those who have not been baptized as infants may make a profession of faith through baptism by immersion. Those baptized as infants may make a public profession of faith to confirm their baptism. Please contact one of the pastors if you are at least 13 years of age and interested in taking this step.
• Today - Last Day Sunday School and God’s House Please extend a thank you to our teachers who have served so faithfully through the year.
• VBS Prep Sessions- Thursday June 14 in the Café from 9:00-11:00 am as we prepare materials for VBS. Bring your own scissors.
• Vacation Bible School is Filling Up Fast! “Esther and The Hidden Truth” from July 9–13. There is still room in the preschool, age 3 to pre-k. Sign up at fcchamilton.org.
• VBS Collection for Baskets, Trims, Cords, Tassels, and Shoeboxes. Bring your ribbon, rick rack, cords, trims, tassels, and shoeboxes to our collection!
• Welcome 3rd Graders On Sunday, June 17 we will welcome our 3rd graders to the worship service as they graduate from God’s House! They will each receive a sermon journal to help guide our 3rd graders to actively listen and think about being with God during our time together in worship.
• Wise Up Family Devotional After our first summer worship service on June 17, Children’s Ministry will be handing out a devotional for each family with children in kindergarten - grade 5. Distribution will be under the tent outside the Ministry Center. This devotional will compliment the summer preaching series on Proverbs.
• Summertime Nursery and LPC Begin Sunday, June 17. Our Nurseries (Crawlers 0-18 months, and Toddlers 18-36 months) and Summertime Little People’s Church (for 3 years-those entering 1st grade) grow significantly during summer months. Consider serving one or two Sundays beginning June 17. See Summer signup sheet in the foyer. New volunteers for Nursery may contact Lauren Sager at firstname.lastname@example.org; and Christine Hendrickson at email@example.com.
• Fall Staffing Underway for Children’s Classes We are already planning for fall Sunday School and children’s programs. Consider joining over 50 volunteers who serve our children’s groups. This is an active and vital segment of our church. Come and join us as we serve children and families and our community. Inquire with Christine or Kathy to find just the right fit for you.
Christine Hendrickson, Early Childhood Director firstname.lastname@example.org Kathy Lindsay, Elementary Children’s Director email@example.com
Men - Save the Date!
Men’s Fall Retreat Plan now to attend the Men’s Fall Retreat September 21-23, 2018 at the Alton Bay Christian Conference Center in New Hampshire. Register at fcchamilton.org.
•High School Youth Group has concluded for the school year, but we are gearing up for summer events! Our first Tuesday night meet-up will be Tuesday, June 26. Stay tuned for more details coming soon.
•Middle School Youth Group, Wednesday from 6:45–8:30 pm: 6th, 7th & 8th graders and their friends are invited. Don’t miss all the high-energy games, worship, teaching, and small group breakouts as we talk this year about Encounters with Jesus! We meet in the Ministry Center. This week, Wednesday, June 13, is our final MS Youth Group for the school year! Stay tuned for summer MS events.
•Register Now for Explore! Explore is an action-packed adventure for rising 6th–8th graders during the week of VBS! Middle schoolers will participate in five half-day trips, including mini-golf, swimming, and Boda Borg, all while exploring the story of “Esther and the Hidden Truth.” Middle schoolers are welcome to invite their friends! Sign up online. Scholarships available.
Chelsea Erickson 978-468-1940 firstname.lastname@example.org Instagram: @hamilton_ym
FCCH Softball Schedule
Come cheer for the FCCH Softball team. All games start at 6:30 pm unless otherwise noted. For more information, please contact Softball Captain, Adam Doughty at email@example.com.
JUNE 11 First Pres Ipswich at CBD
JUNE 18 East Coast Int’l Church at CBD
JUNE 25 Highrock NS at CBD
JULY 9 Manchester/Magnolia Church at CBD
JULY 16 Our Savior Lutheran at CBD
JULY 23 Cape Ann Bible Church, Mattos Veterans Memorial Elem, Gloucester
Thanksgiving for our Prison Ministry Prayer Service. Praise God sixteen people from FCCH, other churches, and the community joined together for a great time of prayer for prison ministry on Friday, June 1. To learn of other churches who will be praying throughout the rest of June visit the New Brothers web site at www.newbrothers.org. Consider dropping into another meeting to pray and be an encouragement to our brothers and sisters in Christ on the North Shore.
A Request to Please Slow Down in the Parking Lot
You may have noticed the new addition of a speed bump in our driveway! This is our way of reminding one another to slow down when entering our campus, so please take note. The blind curve around the Barn is very dangerous for our pedestrians on Sunday mornings and throughout the week. On weekday evenings our middle and high school students frequently play active games all over campus. Please help to ensure that no one is hurt by taking the driveway and the turn very slowly. Thank you!